Consumer Electronics Sales Administator with Pop-Culture Bent
Mimoco (mee-mo-ko) is a consumer electronics brand based in Boston that makes pop-culture-infused tech accessories for the mobile lifestyle. Mimoco is best known for our award-winning collectible line of MIMOBOT® USB flash drives and MimoPower smartphone chargers, produced in partnership with licensors including Star Wars, Despicable Me, Adventure Time, Albert Einstein and many more. Mimoco was founded in 2005 upon minimalist design virtues and practical tech accessory functionality merged with the whimsy of pop-culture franchises. Our uniquely awesome products are available in the coolest stores on Earth, and in the hands of millions of customers and fans worldwide. Visit www.mimoco.com to learn more about our mission to put the FUN in functional!
Mimoco is seeking a dynamic and dedicated individual to join our tight-knit team’s mission in the role of Sales Administration. This role, acting as a key ambassador of the brand, is responsible for the coordination and smooth processing of Mimoco's wholesale business, including domestic wholesale and international distribution, customer on-boarding, order processing, AR, EDI, logistics, and account management. Mimoco has a global footprint and sells to stores ranging from Best Buy to Urban Outfitters to Office Depot to independent bookstores, gift shops, and distributors.
The Sales Administrator reports to the Sales Manager and is the critical link between wholesale customers and Mimoco operations.
The successful candidate is a quick learner, unusually attentive to details, organized, communicative, and upbeat; a process-oriented self-starter with a knack for servicing customer's needs and driving revenue with proactive account management. You will have primary responsibility for inbound sales, order processing, and will support the Sales Manager and CEO with work related to key accounts.
Competitive salary, paid time off, snacks/drinks, and mimoLove!
- Receive, confirm, and prioritize wholesale PO Purchase Orders from domestic and international customers.
- Ensure timely Quickbooks Invoice and Sales Order processing with accurate assortments, ship dates, pricing, and SKU selection.
- Conduct prompt follow-up to inquiries and aggressively pursue incoming business opportunities. Use CRM and CMS systems to help manage customer relationships and identify and capture sales.
- Coordinate fulfillment with logistics and warehouse team, and provide customer support on order status and delivery.
- Employ EDI interface to import and export orders with large chain store and distributor accounts.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with existing and new retail accounts (primarily via email and phone correspondence with retail buyers and distributor sales directors).
- Identify, engage, qualify and close new wholesale accounts and international distributors.
- Work independently and resourcefully to establish and document standard operating procedures.
- Create sales and marketing collateral to be distributed via tradeshows, online sales portal, and email marketing campaigns.
- BS/BA in Sales, Marketing, Accounting, Business, or related field
- 3+ years as an Associate in a Sales, Marketing, Bookkeeping, and/or Customer Service role
- Tactful communicator with superior customer service skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Excel
- 1+ years of wholesale order processing, accounts receivables, forecasting, financial reporting experience.
- Experience in a consumer or lifestyle products company
- Pop-culture enthusiast, versed in the language of our consumer, ie fans of Star Wars, Despicable Me, Hello Kitty, Adventure Time, My Little Pony, DC Comics, Einstein, Star Trek, etc.
- 2+ years Quickbooks Enterprise experience
- 1+ years EDI experience
- Process oriented, methodical, and attentive to details.
- Relentless drive and enthusiasm to get things done.
- High degrees of persistence, resiliency, and integrity.
- Willing and able to work overtime (time and-a-half pay) regularly and during crunch times.
- Travel 2-3 times per year.
- You must perform at Mimoco's Boston, MA (Earth) HQ.
We look forward to welcoming a dynamic Sales Administrator to our core team!
Qualified candidates may email their Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, agencies, recruiters, or outsourcing providers.